Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Irongut

I just experienced my first encounter with 'Irongut', featuring Konrad and Michelle.  Pretty much, you get 'points' for doing a challenge, and the number of 'points' rewarded is assigned by a group of professional and learned judges.  See, I put 'points' in inverted commas because I am yet to discover what purpose, or function these magical 'points' offer.  And I don't think the contestants of Irongut quite know either.  I bet they're doing it just to show their face on TV.  Maybe so Chi will know who my friends are at college and thus by-pass the casual 2000km stroll to Adelaide and back.  Anyway, to compete against Jen's gallant skull of a cup of tomato sauce, for 2 points, Konrad swallowed a 3/4 tablespoon of pepper, no water on the side (it was supposed to be 1 tablespoon, but while dishing out the pepper, we decided we were neither inhumane nor sadistic and thus relented), followed by a three point play: Michelle downing a cup of a milk-chilli sauce mix, 3:2 ratio, with a hint of pavlova.  Yes, it was mega disgusting. 

So you may be asking: You haven't blogged in ages.  Why are you back? Instinctively, my first question would be 'Who the hell are you', then 'have you noticed that when you speak, it gets transcribed in italics?  That's so cool', followed by the more polite answer 'I'm trying to get back into a regular blog habit'.  It's building one of those good habits: like flossing every night (even though I'm currently reading an article which concludes 'that a routine instruction to use floss is not supported by scientific evidence (Berchier, 2008).' Take that referencing Nazis.), eating an apple a day/week/month, not playing DotA, and actually attending all my lectures at Uni (yes, Chi and Joon, I'm looking at you).

Anyway, it's only first week, so nothing to say.  lol, easy blog post for me.  Just went to uni, came home, ate some foodies, hung out with college people then nighty night.  Very chills week, aided by having a long weekend.  Oh, and have been watching Masterchef, and loving it.  Also, Justin, 1st year Med guy, was so cut when they booted out the hot halfie girl on the first episode lololol (Michelle was like 'What are you guys smoking, she's not good looking' initially.  By the end of the show, Michelle retracted her statement.  Convincing powers, coming through).  Ah well, there's one other girl, and her name is 'She's alright', cos she's ugly.  No, you idiot, it's cos she's alright.  Fail much.

Okay, got to get back to work, Masterchef time soon.

Bye! 

Josh

1 comment: