Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sherlock Holmes was in fact the murderer?! I must have missed that part...

Last week, to my great disappointment, I discovered a fatal flaw in the game 'Cluedo'.  I was running around from room to room, making all these wild accusations about the other civilised members around the table.  Candlestick this, wrench that.  Firstly, this is completely not in my character.  I'd never make an accusation without some sort of fact base.  C'mon, who does that?

'So, at 9:55pm last night, did I not see you dancing with the deceased in the ballroom? A salsa, if I recall correctly?  Where was I at the time, you ask?  Hm...let me think...oh yes, I was having a marathon match of snooker in the billards room with Mr Green!  Oh dear...okay, accusation withdrawn.  BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU MR GREEN?!  Oh that's right, snooker match, got it...'

But what vexed me the most was the fact that in this game, I was apparently the murderer.  How does one forget killing the Professor with a knife in the kitchen??  Obviously, if I knew this fact, I would have done the smart thing and run off the game board away from all these crazed crime-solving yuppies, gone to Monopoly, jumped into the car and rented a place to sleep in.  (Not Mayfair of course; I'm too Asian for that.)  Stupid lousy communist game.

Though flawed, just like communism taught us something, we can also learn things from Cluedo.  The murderer was Mrs White, and probably will always be Mrs White.  This is why I don't trust amiable elderly ladies on the street.

And I didn't get to say this last post: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment