Monday, March 1, 2010

Can't sleep...Clown will eat me...=(

The title of this post, contrary to popular belief, is not a superfluous one.  In fact, I did struggle to sleep last night.  Furthermore, we all must be weary of clowns: their mega creepy makeup, their extremely flammable red noses and the giant shoes they walk around in (which I presume are for stepping on people; small people in particular).

Anyway, I'm having a little trouble sleeping at night.  It's not my fault at all however.  It's not even my body's fault, or my mind's fault.  It's just been an unfortunate arrangement of events which has interrupted quite rudely, consisting of unexpected travels across states (Chi's face was smiling down on me), and attended my cousins wedding down in Melbourne.  Also, I have an irrational fear of clowns, and their seemingless endless potential to attack me in my sleep.

But yes, good news: I'm in Adelaide!  Second bit of good news: I survived my first day at uni!  Things have gone quite smoothly.  I've gotten to know a surprising number of people on college.  It all came together when one guy, J Lee (His name is Josh; we agreed it was way too weird to call the other 'Josh', so he now calls me Yao, 'cos apparently in his opinion, that's who I look like.  Shocked and amazed) extended his hand out, decided to be a good guy, and invited me to play pool with him.  Reminds me of Ajey...bringing people together; now I miss USyd.  Sad panda.  Anyway, this morning, we decided to walk to uni together, 'cos I said it would help me get my bearings and familiarise myself with Adelaide.  He agreed, and said it was like marking territory for a dog, besides the peeing on the ground bit.  I almost interjected with 'Besides peeing on the ground?  Maybe for you, my friend', but I quickly swallowed my words.  The aim is not to freak people out.  I get jokes.

Through J Lee, I've gotten to know some 1st year Med students, and a few dent students in grades above, all who are pretty awesome people.

I should really wrap up this post.  I've actually got homework.  If you just fell of your chair in shock, I'll waste this sentence so you can pick yourself up, have time to say 'No way, hose' out loud and spit on the ground in disgust.  Shocked and amazed.  I am truly shocked and amazed.

Anyway, I should end this post with 'Ten things I hate about you', where you is not you, the reader, but rather the city which is Adelaide:
  1. It's not Sydney, and it certainly isn't home
  2. I'm away from my dear family and friends
  3. The water sucks.  It really really sucks.  Gatorade's better.
  4. Adelaide is an unjust city; I'm beginning to suspect communist puppet-mastery.  Some security guard fined a college buddy of mine, 3rd year dent student, for parking in a spot he has parked in for the last 2 years.  
  5. The room doesn't provide coat hangers
  6. The uni is small
  7. There are no markedly attractive girls.  Okay, admittedly, there is this one girl in dent...maybe I should take that one back
  8. OMGOSH EVERYONE PLAYS AND WATCHES AFL.  THERE WAS A SIGN IN THE COLLEGE WALL ADVERTISING A NETBALL AND 'FOOTY' COMPETITION, WHICH GOT ME EXCITED, BUT THEN VERY LET DOWN COS THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT AFL.  YOU CAN'T SAY 'I GO FOR THE DOGGIES' (which I don't), COS THEY THINK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE WESTERN BULLDOGS.  THEY SHOW NRL AT RIDICULOUSLY LATE TIMES IF EVER.  ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS 'AFL' THIS AND 'AFL' THAT.  STOP SAYING AFL, THAT IS MAKING MO, THE ANGRY FULL-BEARDED LEBRACHAUN VERY ANGRY FOR STEALING HIS ACRONYM.  STUPID SOUTH AUSTRALIAN AND VICTORIAN PEOPLE. (If you read this and you're in my course/I know you and you come from SA or VIC, no offence lol.  I'm specifically talking to the other people...yeah...)
  9. I'm probably gonna get converted into an AFL fanboy.  That's not good at all =(.
  10. Well, number 10 has to be obvious.  I don't get to see the man of the moment.  Yes, you know who im talking about: Chi.
However, there are good things about Adelaide.  One being I'm making Chi proud for my travelling, even if he is too proud to show it.  Also, Michelle, a 1st year Med interstater from Melbourne (AFL even got Michelle.  So sad), says the water stops tasting funny, and she has only been there for a week.

It's a time for change, I guess, and the change is definitely worthwhile.  Let's just hope I can get better sleep tonight.

Josh

4 comments:

  1. OH JOSH I AM SO SAD YOU'RE GONE

    I DON't know why you're doing dent, you really should just blog for a living - it's such gold!

    i am disappointed in yoru number 7 but. you know what's REALLY attractive?!?!

    SIIIGGGGGGHHHH

    i wonder if you can guess who i am. JAMES XU SHOWED ME UR BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I know who you are =). Schanpps is the name of the game. Jiminy jillikers radioactive man! **** You just chucked that man out of the building!

    anyway, dw, ill be back during easter break and we'll catch up. we can even play sabateur and bang!

    ill come back with lots of stories, i promise. don't have much time to post extensively anymore.

    stay safe, grow heaps as a Christian, and i'll do my best to do the same =D.

    also, ye, i know what's really attractive in a girl, dw. well, i think i do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clowns are funny.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ubKHzujy8

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't watch it...clown will eat me.

    actually i cant view anything from youtube at college.

    ReplyDelete