Saturday, March 27, 2010

What is a gay, hungry cell? A Phagosome. What's a phagosome crossed with a zygote? A Faggot.

NEWS FLASH: HUNGRY LADY STRIKES AGAIN!

Yes, my histology lecturer is a very hungry lady.  Very hungry.  Okay, simple squamous cells do resemble fried eggs, so I'll let that one slide.  But honestly, cuboidal cells don't look like apricots (it's called frigging CUB(E)-oidal cells for a reason) and columnar cells do NOT look like squashed avocados.  Squashed avocados?!  What the heck is she smoking?  Clearly something very strong, and not from Amsterdam.  Even if we excuse the fact that the lecture is held in the crappy Masonic Lodge (which has chairs but no table thingys), and forgive the lecturer's boring drone of a voice, she still deserves a slap on the face for making illogical and excessive food imagery when it's 12:30pm and we're all super hungry. 

There are some real characters in dentistry.  There's Fady, the guy who was deadly afraid of sexually harrassing a girl if he were to become drunk.  Then there's this Leo kid, short and stout (here is my handle, here is my spout), who decided to make enemies before the course even began.  With a MASSIVE BLACK GUY who could probably DESTROY him with his THUMB (via a thumb war preferably).  He either has a can of Mother surgically attached to his left hand, or he buys a heck of a lot of Mother.  I'm vouching for the surgical explanation.  Also, I hear he's nocturnal; he only sleeps two hours, and that's in the evening.  Yeah, he's pretty messed up in the face.  Then there's Sarbin.  SARBIN!  Don't get me started on Sarbin. 

Anyway, I've just gotta hack one more week with hungry hungry hippo lady (no, she's not actually hippo like in size or character = <), then it's Mid-sem break woooooooo.  That deserves a bigger woo: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!  I'm pumped to play a game I call Conquerer Chicken: The Squatter Edition.  It's quite a self-explanatory game, sorta kinda.

However, before I leave Adelaide, I may be getting my Jelly on.  Allow me to briefly explain.  Today, we went on an 'Amazing Race' styled competition thing held by Rosie's church.  The prize last year was $500.  So, during the past week, we've been talking about how we should spend the money should we win; we decided we'd spend it all on one edible item, and buy ludicrous amounts.  And, what the hell, we actually won!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  The prize this year was a $200 voucher from Coles.  So, apparently, I may be getting my Jelly on: Aeroplane style. 

Seriously, why have my recent posts been food-centric to some extent?  Can't fight the trend but.  I really can't wait to have some cheese cake back in Sydney.  Mmm, cheese cake...

Then again, speaking of Chi's, there's really only one Chi, and that's the Chi who travels across the lands.  And by his generosity, I am able to enjoy the beauty of Chi's cake.  Yet another one of his numerous contributions to humanity; and he still has time to play Pokemon to fulfil his own true calling.

Anywho, hope to see you guys back in Sydney, the land Chi calls home.  Well, 'home'.  He is a man on the move.  Less than a week to go!  The only potential thorn in my side is this jelly conundrum.  Must...not...eat...10000000000000000 gallons of jelly...Must...choose...life....

Seeya on the other side!

Josh

4 comments:

  1. choose the bazillion gallons and jelly + epic sugar high! before you get equipped with the knowledge of sugar being bad for you =p.

    your histo lecturer sounds interesting, to say the least, ours are is *snoooore* with no food analogies

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha jay-z don't worry histology gets better. Patrick dePermentier gets a lot better. He hands out lecture notes for you that you can revise and be prepped for pracs and exams. and the thing is as the courses go on he gets funnier and ends lectures quicker. So far his best has been 40 minutes and then he's done.

    but agree with chi!! so love the segue. it made me say "lololololol"
    yes josh i said something only you would say. lets be honest there was no better way to put it
    -David C

    ReplyDelete