Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh babe, I don't have AIDS

It's kinda late, and I'm super tired.  However, I do feel compelled to post about the day that was, even if it will be by no means an extensive, intricate account.

In terms of lectures and labs, today was a great step forward in the right direction.  The lectures, for starters, only had a minimal technological hiccup, as opposed to the outrageous technology fail the previous day.  Yesterday, the lecture consisted of a whole lot of useless revision babble (45 minutes of revising the previous lecture is a bit too much...), then they tried to put on a video presentation on homeostasis, but technology said 'NO', and we ended up leaving the lecture, learning absolutely nothing.  However, I was able to chat to the girl next to me, who turned out to be pretty cool and chills; I won't disclose her name, lest the Mo-nster tracks her down, facebook style, and attack me with a flurry of questions.  And when I say Mo-nster, I obviously mean the Cookie Monster.  Nothing suss lololol.

Anyway, had lunch with a couple of guys.  On of them, Hyung, had just finished his compulsory national service in the Korean army.  He told us about his rigidly structured days, the ridiculous amount of marching and drills and shovelling.  Of course, one of the question raised was 'Why do they have compulsory service in Korea?'.  Lol, then Seung, the other Korean guy with us , replied with a stony expression 'Because...we have an enemy'.  lololol.  lololololol, so much lol.  We got more details about Hyung's army training.  As part of the artillery division, he told us he had been trained to wield a weapon bigger than a bazooka (much bigger in fact), which was used to hit targets 50km away.  Again, we asked 'How did you practice and learn to use that?', which Seung replied, with that same stony gaze 'Aim North and fire'.  lolololololol.  The war between South and North Korea never ceases to amaze me.

I found out a guy in my lab group was gay.  Of course, I felt bad for him.  Not 'cos he was gay, of course; that would just be super discriminatory.  Rather, 'cos I had been saying 'gay', 'so gay', and 'aw that's just gaybar' at quite a high frequency during the lab session.  Hope he wasn't too offended...

Anyway, at the end of the day, I had to get my blood test results from the University Health clinic.  The uni forced us to do a blood test the previous week to check if we had Hep B and C, AIDS, and sufficiently high Hep B antibodies.  Unfortunately, the medical centre I went to do the test (in NSW, and asked them to mail my result to the Adelaide clinic) epic failed and didn't mail it.  So I was stuck waiting around for a little over an hour to fix up the problem.  However, it was all worth it because now I can quell all the crude and horrible rumours: I do not have AIDS.  Let it be know to man, boy and child alike.  I also do not have Hep B or C lol.  That's also a good thing.  Anyway, that hold-up at the clinic was a little problematic, since I had to get back to my college before 5:30pm to get dinner. As a result, I knew what had to be done: the super 15 minute walking challenge.  Gogo legs!  It's actually all about luck, being able to catch the green lights on pedestrian crossings.  It goes to show that Everest like challenges are presented to you every day, and you better be ready to be walking so fast during that 15 minute walking challenge that you can excavate a tunnel right through that mountain and show it who's boss, without breaking your stride.  But, success comes at a heavy price; I'm now tired.

Talking with Sean (3rd year dent student) at dinner today.  Again, he was forcefully encouraging me to go to the Basement Party this Friday (The dent student association refurbished the basement of the Dental Hospital as a general meeting ground as well as use for parties etc).  One of the things he mentioned was 'free drinks and pizza'.  Another moment to disillusion our readers: no, I do not have a massive beer gut.  In fact, I don't drink.  But, I must admit, the pizza was appealing.  I knew I was in dangerous territory, and to convince myself this new discovery was not all that it was cracked up to be, I retorted 'Yeah, free pizza!  Sounds good!'  Frick, I couldn't even force words out of my mouth to talk badly of free pizza.  It's free pizza!  Luckily, Sean replied 'Haha, you'll see fat people dancing with pizza in one hand and beer in another, while singing "I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it"'.  How...attractive...lololol.

Anyway, I best be off.  Bye!

Josh

P.S. Shotgun not editing this.  I'm le tired.

3 comments:

  1. sounds very interesting, josh! hope you have a good time this sem =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont understand ur name of the game is schnapps.

    and you didn't mention 500 or frisbee which makes me think you don't know who i am!!

    HI JOSH HOPE UR HAVING A GOOD TIME IN ADELAAIIDE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the name of the game is schnapps.
    just listen carefully ok? OK? You got it yet??!

    ReplyDelete