Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Legend of Vish and Daniel

Okay, maybe the title is a little misleading.  It's more the legend of Vish, with a sprinkling of Daniel to provide cool comedy relief.  Now that you mentioned sprinkles, I'm feeling hungry.  Craving a chocolate muffin with sprinkles on it.

Which brings me to the middle of the story: Vish is a trained chef, and more importantly, could probably whip up a mean chocolate muffin with sprinkles.  But, that's the middle of the story, so I'll start at the beginning.

Yesterday started with the biggest waste of time laboratory in the history of mankind.  Wow, it was super wasted time.  I don't believe they actually forced us to say "We spread several species of spiteful bacteria while speaking, spitting , coughing and sneezing" ten times over.  Well, not really ten times, because I found myself eventually saying "Tool, tool tool tool, why are you such a tool." 

Anyway, the lab took us an anticlimactic 30 minutes to finish.  Most people decided to bail and go home; I just didn't feel like going back to college, so I just sat on the couches in the Basement.  And here, I ran into Daniel.  lol Daniel.  Good old Daniel.  Pretty much, Daniel's your typical tall French Adelaidian who says what's on the top of his head, and doesn't care what other people think.  Also, he plays HON.  lololol HON.

After Daniel got his Hep B booster shot all done, we returned to the Basement, where we ran into the man of the moment, Vish.  Vish is a 28 year old half Indian, half Irish guy.  And he's awesome.  I say this time and time again: people with life experience are the bomb.  In between dropping out of uni and becoming a chef, he travelled Europe, where he smoked weed in Amsterdam.  And when I say weed, of course I mean 'plants which grow where you don't want them to'.  I knoweth the Agriculture.  Anyway, Vish claims the weed there is high quality, and has minimal hallucinogenic side effects.  Well, aside from the seeing pot plants as soldiers and the ceiling as lava in a lava lamp.  His words, not mine.

Vish had already told me about his exploits as a chef some time last week.  But this was news to Daniel's girlfriend, Miranda.  By the way, Miranda is a top notch girl; we had extensive discussions about 'how to tell Japanese and Koreans apart from Chinese', which ended up with many racially charged and politically incorrect: PI observations.  She also concluded that I was very shallow in picking girls: "All you say 'this girl is pretty' and 'that girl is hot'" (this whole discussion came about 'cos I said 'Don't worry, I go for asian girls'.  How do I manage to dig myself such a big hole?).  Of course, I was prepared to defend myself, with a string of counter-arguments, but then I couldn't resist saying "That's hot".  In a chilli kind of way.  Chilli hot.  And now I'm back to my original problem: I'm kinda hungry =(.

Anyway, Miranda claims that the overused observation 'Food is the way to a man's heart' is overrated, but rather, 'Food is the way to a woman's heart'.  Once again, this gives me a new reason to learn to cook well; Vish has promised to teach me to cook one awesome main dish by the end of the 5 years.  It'll probably take me that long to learn it lol.  Miranda asked Vish what was the best dessert he could make, which prompted the unexpected reply: a Lemon Tart.  Apparently, it was a recipe he learnt as a chef at a highly acclaimed restaurant in Melbourne, and he swears it is delectable.

lol, then Daniel asked 'How much would it cost for you to cook at my 19th?'.  Vish paused, then said 'Depends what you want me to cook, and how many people it's for.  But, it would be a reasonably large sum', and left it at that.  lololol.  Now that's what I call authority.  No price quoting for you.

New mysteries about the man of Vish were also unravelled yesterday.  To begin, Vish plays pool pretty well.  He too wasted away his uni playing pool instead of going to lectures and studying.  lololol.  Also, he's played on the State futsal team as goal-keeper.  Man, makes me wanna play soccer again.

You know what, stuff it, I think I am gonna play indoor soccer!  And I'm going to get myself a muffin!  I'm sick of waiting around for my turn!

Okay, I lied.  I'm not going to get a muffin =(.  As for indoor soccer...

Well, the point is, Vish is truly (as Fung may put it) a mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, covered by secrets, enclosed in a question, and shrouded by more mysteries, and those mysteries can give birth to little baby mysteries have their own puzzles, secrets and questions, waiting to be solved, uncovered and answered respectively.  But alas, I am tired; the story of Vish must continue in a new blog entry on a new day, because this one is finished...

Not yet...



a little more...




just a little more...




almost there...




u made it!  And you wasted 2 seconds of your life in the process scrolling down.  lololol.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment