Monday, January 25, 2010

Forming common ground

Hello world!  I don't know you, and you probably don't know me.  So let's form some common ground! 

My name is Josh, nice to meet you.

...

...

This is normally the part where you would say "I'm _____".  Not the talkative type?  That's ok, I don't mind doing all the talking.  Bit of a shame however.

I've got some explaining to do.  See, Mo is the cryptic type, he likes keep things in the dark.  The tall mysterious guy lurking in the shadows.  Unfortunately, I'm the short Chinese guy who makes a habit of turning the lights on and ruining the atmosphere, only to reveal that Chi is also in the room.  As a result, I'm sad, Mo is angry and Chi is concerned for his safety.  (Why is Chi in the room?  I don't know either) .

Actually I do.  Chi has travelled across the lands.  Trust me, he has.  It's the beginning of 2009, and Mo and I are sitting in the Chemistry Building, doing MATH1901 at Usyd.  Theres at least 2 things wrong with the previous sentence.  Anyway, time passes, and we get to know a Girraween guy called Chi.  Amongst other things, though these other things pale in comparison, Chi is particularly adept at travelling; across many lands.  He also searches far and wide, but this comes secondary to his travelling prowess.   This, of course, refers to his ability to scab homework and assignments from various sources.  A standard conversation would involve:

Josh: So, anyone started the MATH1901 Assignment.  (slowly turns head to focus on CHI)
Mohammed: Nah, but its due tomorrow right? (body rotates so CHI is in his line of sight)
Joon: Dang, serious, I've got a stupid Yr 10 kid to tutor tonight. <mustering courage> What about you Chi?
Chi: Ok, fine, I got it off Dave.  But you guys owe me!

Throughout the year, this conversation was repeated on many occassions, with the name 'Dave' substituted with many other colourful characters like 'Paul', 'Peach', 'Pumice' and 'Punch', and the subject 'MATH1901' replaced with 'physics', 'economic', 'chinese' and 'superhero training'.  I promise I'm telling the truth.  Ok, maybe not 'chinese', I shouldn't stretch the truth.  Bad Josh.

Anyway, the moral of the story is:
1. Chi has travelled across the lands.
2. Don't study chinese at university.  It's hard :(.  Just ask Joon.


More morals of stories will come with new installments of this blog.  So read more!  We would love for an audience to follow our lives vicariously.  However, we have experienced failure one too many times in our lives, so we won’t be getting our hopes up.  And when I say ‘we’, I mean ‘I’.  

This is a happy blog.  Only a small portion of our posts (1/1000) will be sad and/or emo, and to prevent young children stumbling on these posts and reading its depressing content, they will be concealed in invisible ink. oOoOoOoOo. It's for the children, not 'cos of my fondness of invisible ink...oOoOoOoOo!  On the other hand, the vast majority of our posts (999/1000) will be happy/UNCEASING ANGER VENTED TOWARDS UNSUSPECTING SOULS.  More the former, than the latter, but the latter may eventuate nonetheless :(.  Yay! ... for those who are not unsuspecting.  I like those odds.

Signing off,

Josh 

p.s. speaking of travelling, I'm gonna be doing some travelling of my own.  Hong Kong and Singapore await me for the next two weeks.  Hopefully I can put up another post, and we can meet again across different timezones.  Who would have thought.  Who would have thought indeed.   

6 comments:

  1. hello hello! this is dp... remember me? =ppp nice blog; saw it in mo's personal message on msn. good luck with it! :) i may pop in time to time if procrastinating and it's still promoted :)
    wow haven't talked/seen you in ages dude. how're things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello hello dp indeed! Of course i remember you! unless this isnt david pham, but a random copy cat ninja.

    ok i realise its 4am. However, its a cool 1am here in Hong Kong, and having arrived 10 mins ago, i only just figured out how to make all the webpages present themselves in english.

    anyway, hurray for blogspot, bringing old math 1 buddies together. even though i was a rogue math 1 =(.

    how are things? Things are ok. minus the bloodshot eyes, and being stuck in an alien city who speaks jibber jabber (also known as chinese). So, im borderline sad monkey, but still willing to have spirits lifted by eating bananas in the morning. i will also post in the morning. however, due to the time zone difference, you will probably receive the post at lunchtime. but the plot thickens: If i wake up late, you will then receive it at afternoon tea/dinner time. and so on and so forth, based on the time i wake up. why did i explain that in the most drawn out fashion: i dont know... ? ? ?

    lol and lol. long comment, but proportionally long based on the time i havent seen you dp. tell me about your life if you so please; how things have changed, the good and the bad of 2009, the new friends you've encountered, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tehehe indeed it is me :)
    harhar well i'm, ah, replying to this comment at 6:15 in australia right now; which would be something like 3:15? you're probably out having fun and so on :) how are things there? probably quite interesting i expect; i haven't been overseas in a long time and intend to return sometime this hear hopefully ^.^
    but yes; good to hear you're somewhat well! hahaha i can speak decently well in viet - though i stumble here and there, making it blatantly obvious i am a tourist and that they have every right to overcharge me. =ppp
    but yes; wow i don't think i've actually seen you since graduation, though i have heard a bit here and there [ran into joon once, and so on ^.^]
    but gosh. there's so much to say about my own life... how i can condense like an entire year into one comment? ahaha. so pardon me if i'm lazy and direct you to number-17! you may/may not have heard about it --> but this summarises 2009 well enough for me: number-17.com/?p=8806
    how was YOURS? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Chi fellow sounds like a Chi-eat. A cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lololol. wanted to pass message on to Chi, but he's not on msn =(.

    i left a message on your link dp. My 2009 - it was good lol. could've been worse. lots of good times, met heaps of cool people. didnt really get involved with uni life at all. i'd just go home and watch chuck/naruto after lectures lololol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whee~ thanks for that tehee. and yes it has been quite a year. =] loving mots bits of it
    but yes maybe i'll seeya around ^.^ and lol, no, i've never been to the gym :O perhaps i should =ppp
    but hmm. how come not involved with uni life much? you seem a pretty active guy :) uni's cool if rather tiring lol. and i'm sitting here thinking... how the hell did i shoehorn myself into exec for medshow 2010?
    lol plug: COME WATCH! :) it's in like october or something

    ReplyDelete