Friday, February 19, 2010

The Highs and the Lows

Hi, hi, and HI.  Oh sorry guy at the back, hi to you as well.  My manners have gone down the drain recently. 

Speaking of hi's, I've been thinking about the inevitable highs and lows of life.  I know we all hate phrases that are heavily overused and beaten to death, especially ones which are used to describe the ups and downs of life.  And when I say all, I mean everyone except me.  'Cos life is like a rollercoaster. lololol.  One day, everything goes your way, and you're going up, and up, and up so high you need an oxygen mask 'cos breathing is getting difficult.  Then BAM everything begins to turn sour and before you know it, your parents die, your sister gets cancer, your dog dies, you failed your maths test, your english test, your chem and phys test, not to mention your eco test, Mr Dunkerley kicked your butt for failing the most important subject in the world (eco, duh), you pass PE (but I didn't even study...) even though you really needed a legitimate reason to drop PE, you get dumped by your girlfriend and you lose all your friends.  Then, in a fit of rage, you burn the school down, you bomb the university, you nuke your suburb (your sister is safe in a hospital, dw), you attack John Howard with an ACME bomb, you get scouted by the US for your bomb expertise (that sounds like a good thing...no wait it isn't), you place bombs under the World Trade Centre and explode them when the 'terrorist' US-piloted planes crash, which makes the Trade Centre crumple ridiculously uniformly, straight down (and that's the true story behind 9/11, I promise).  Not only this, but now you have to vomit because that descent from the heavens was almost vertical and you aren't too good at handling rollercoaster rides anyway.

Luckily, my life isn't so bad.  But, there have been some highs and lows.  Just in the last week, there's been highs and lows.  Allow me to illustrate:

HIGH!: Chinese New Year!  Lots and lots of yummy food.

LOOOOOW:It was cold and rainy on Sunday night after church.  I think I got a cold.  Boo hoo.

HIGH!: David Chandramandakumar (as Gan put it) came to touch last tuesday!

LOOOOOW: My calf muscles and quads were sore afterwards =(.  Boo hoo.

HIGH!: Two days ago, Chi asked me to guess what he did that day, and added the hint 'it would make you proud of me'.  Obviously my answer was "did you travel across lands?".  He said "I also did that".  LOL.  Wow, you just can't afford to underestimate this guy.  Not only did he travel to Ajey's, but they played DotA there!  lololol.  And yes, I was very proud. 

LOOOOOW: I didn't get to travel across lands and play DotA =(.  Boo hoo indeed.

HIGH!: Holidays means all the time in the world to watch Scrubs!

LOOOOOW: Whilst watching Scrubs, I found something which was truly low.  Things aren't much lower than below a man's belt, and not many things are as vulnerable or sensitive either.  But seriously, it's a mega low to hit a man below.  I have a habit of involuntarily going into the foetal position when I watch this clip. 



Pick the guy who gets smacked in the crutch not once, but twice.  Excrutiating.  And very do8.  So very do8.  Moral of the story: wear a top hat.  Somehow, that guy avoids the pain and shame of being violated down low.

And this brings us to our 'Getting to know Mo' segment!  Though Mo may be strong, having vorked out in ze gymnazium with Arnold Schwarzenegger approval, he is still vulnerable to being kicked in the balls; however, VJ is quite immune to such an attack.  Also, Mo may or may not go for women who look like the one in the above video.  (I'm guessing he would.  I'm actually quite sure of it). 

But things always end on a high:

HIGH!: I didn't end up like the hypothetical guy on the rollercoaster.  That's a good thing.

Okay, that was sorta a let-down HIGH!, but it's still legit.  I maintain that things usually end up on a high.  Hm.  It feels good to be simply content with how things are going, even though you know something bad may come around the corner.

Well, as long as the bad thing around the corner isn't something like 'WHAT THE HELL CHI ISN'T TRAVELLING ANYMORE?  WHAT THE HECK DO WE DO NOW???  ARE YOU SERIOUS, WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO RENAME THE BLOG?!?!' 'cos once that happens, it's a short road to the hypothetical guy on the rollercoaster.  And that's not good.  That's not good at all.

But in all seriousness...if Chi stops travelling, this blog must come to an end.  

Okay I lied.  We may continue the blog even if Chi stops travelling, as a means of drawing him back into the light of truth so he may once again adopt his area of expertise: his travelling, which he studied in the University of Sydney and gained a double major in 'B Travels (Across Lands, Women's Hearts)'.  With great power comes great responsibility Chi.  I really really really love overused phrases =). 


Okay, I'm outsies, catchya later,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment