Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Red Pill or the Blue Pill

Howdilly-doodily neighbourino.

Watched an episode of 'The Simpsons' for the first time in many months.  However, it was a new episode, and the quality was severely compromised.  It was a mere shell of its former self, back in its heyday. 

Likewise, I currently feel like a shell of my former self.  The days in Singapore seem long and drawn out at present.  I really don't have the impetus to do...anything.  However, as unfortunate as it may seem, I've been challenged to, get this, do something, even though I don't want to do anything.  How outrageous is that!  But, such is life.  In situations like these, you can either take the red pill or the blue pill.  This is where our friend Morpheus comes in.  Gotta love the sunnies.
[If you don't know what I'm talking about (deprived child), by all means, stop reading, get a copy of the Matrix and watch it.  The world will be a better place, I promise.]

    a) Blue pill: Stay the way you are, and embrace lethargy.  Don't fight the inevitable: you'll end up sitting on the couch eventually, so you may as well stay one step ahead of fate.  

    b) Red pill: Get the hell up!  Take on the challenge which has been presented before you, gallant knight, in spite of the dangers which may befall you.

It's the age old choice between good and evil, right and wrong, fight or flight, exercise or sleep, dentistry or law, Josh or Mosh.  Clearly, we obviously want to choose the correct path (definitely good, right. exercise, dentistry and Josh), and hopefully slay a few dragons in the process with our sword of justice.  Of course, the decision I must make is not as awesome or heroic as you may think.  It's actually borderline pansy.

I've already detailed the challenge: Ask out a Singaporean (female).  Dang it, why am I straight?  Okay, for many reasons, one being the fact that I do not like penis.  Wait, are there gay men who do not like penis either?  Then, another reason is I like females.  There we go, checkmate. 

Anyway, I'm tempted to say blue pill.  Firstly, it's the nicer option, and involves more couch sitting and tasty snacks.  Also, I don't wanna get epic rejected.  I'm not scared of rejection (if you ask me the same question a few months ago, and I probably would have responded otherwise); however, I'd prefer to avoid getting rejected.  I just have a weak heart.  Is that a crime?  Let's hope not, I'll have a heart-attack.  Furthermore, Chi had a terrible day after taking so-called 'initiative' and deciding to travel, bike style.  Poor guy.  The world, and good old fashioned logic are both telling me to take the blue pill. 

Despite all these signs telling me to take the blue...wow, that's the first time I actually got to see the pill.  I must say, it looks mighty tasty, and I'm mighty hungry.  Maybe I should have Wonton Noodle Soup with essence of blue pill... 

Oh my...would you look at that...

That red pill looks even more palatable!  Dang, I sure would love to have Red Pill Chicken Laksa with a cup of Barley drink on the side.

Yucky.  Note to self, don't make important decisions when you're hungry.  Also, a good friend once told me, never shop for food when you're hungry, or you'll spend $70 on groceries and buy yakult.

Well, a man's got to eat, that's what my father always says (at heart, a very practical man).  I think this provides me enough reason to take the red, and opt out of the blue.

There really must be a better way to say that.  Until then, sigh, I think I'm going with the Laksa...I mean red pill.  But now, what's the game plan?  How to approach this challenge?

...

...

lol at anticlimax.  This post serves to emphasise my severe boredom and laziness, expressed in a long and drawn out fashion =(.  I am really le bored.  Also hungry.  This will probably be my last post whilst overseas (Chi is proud of me for travelling, I know it), so have a great weekend + Monday!  Hopefully something interesting happens before I leave Singapore.  Also, if I find such an awesome girl as detailed in the previous post, please focus all your energy into supplying me wit and charm.  It works just like a Spirit Bomb, I promise =).  Until next time!

Josh

4 comments:

  1. dentistry? really? wot a dog!

    and take the blue pill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go down the rabbit hole, ali- josh =P [jz of the ruse variety here]
    blue pill for your time has not yet come? eh, who am i to make judgements...

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't go toying with people's emotions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I agree. Take that fung and mo! Sort of...

    ReplyDelete