Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Hello hello.  Arrived in Australia yesterday; it felt like the shackles of Communism had been removed from my wrists, and the loaded shotgun of democracy had been placed firmly in my shaking hands.  It's good to be home. 

To wrap up my trip in Singapore, my uncle took my Dad and I to a touristy thing called 'Night Safari'.  Not my kind of thing, really.  I'm not much of an animal lover; however, I concede that the pair of raccoons were quite adorable.  However, they taught these otters to do recycling.  I almost feel compelled to report this to the RSPCA for 'wasting the precious time of unsuspecting animals'.  It's just not practical nor warranted.  Did they drink a can of coke then dispose of it unthoughtfully, Mr 'Night Safari', if that is your real name?  I don't think so =(.

We proceeded to hop onto an open tram thing.  To open, the lady gave the generic announcement which involed 'turning off the flash on your phones and cameras'. and not to make too much noise.  Immediately, a baby behinds me 'coincidentally' begins to cry.  What a champion.  You go baby, you go.

There are some really whacked up animals which exist in this world.  One creature quite literally looked like a freak surgery case, where a black ant-eater and a similarly sized beige guinea pig had been chopped in half (separating head and tail, not slicing the animal's face in half; that would be messed up and do5), and the head portion of the ant-eater had been seamlessly sewn to the tail half of the guinea pig.  It's confusing, I know, 'cos now you may be thinking 'So, same deal for the left-over halves, or not?'.  A mystery indeed.

Speaking of indeed (not a dodge segue in the slightest), now I have indeed travelled: to Hong Kong, then Singapore, and back to Australia.  I know Chi is proud of me, and I just imagine his smiling face.

Do you guys know what Chi's smiling face looks like?  Well, I don't have a photo of him; however, I'm sure Mr Leunig certainly had Chi at the forefront of his mind when he created this piece:

 


It's quite an accurate portrayal of Chi.  Yes, Chi likes birds.  Of the female variety.  He also enjoys Chi tea.

Okay, we'll call it a day 'cos I must admit, I am le tired =(.

Josh

1 comment:

  1. the animal sounds like a tapir...

    night safari is supposed to be heaps fun yeah.

    lol at baby.

    ReplyDelete