Sunday, February 7, 2010

'Uh, no wait. I lied.' - a quote from the honest Strongbad

Alright, so I lied.  I'm gonna post again.  But I'll make it super short.  Kinda super short.

If you wanna see the quote in action (warning, you may find this intensely lame.  I love it lol):


So yesterday, we had lunch with Dr Tay and two other of my dad's highschool friends.  Both the guys were doctors, and nice guys.  When asked by Dr Tay regarding what I wanted to eat, I was severely tempted to purchase the 'Burgersaurus' (described with brevity as a 'mini chicken burger with fries'), but, even surprising myself, I opted in favour of the Beef He Fen.  I regretted that decision, I really did. 

Dr Tay offered us some stories about his Med School days.  Firstly, he noted that he hated studying, didn't turn up to lectures, and loved to play Mahjong like 24/7.  Also, he said 'When exams came, I PANICKED!', and said he always relied on the test being a multiple choice question paper lololol.  Somehow he passed the majority of his exams - one of his school friends then retorted something in Chinese, which translated to 'Blind chicken pokes beak and gets the worm', with regard to his insane ability to guess the right answer lol.  Once, the dean had a chat with him about his marks.  The dean said 'We've been monitoring you', which made Dr Tay think 'How?  I never go to class, I just play Mahjong'.  According to Dr Tay, it was a cycle consisting of Mahjong during semester, panic during tests, and hiding in toilet when exam results were released.  lol, after saying this, he was like 'Joshua, you're not to listen to any of this, right?'  Of course, I put his mind at ease.  lol and lol at Dr Tay.

Went to have a family dinner with grandparents, uncles, my cousin Shawn and his companion Vanessa.  I'm so not asian, did not appreciate the seafood at all; it's just not worth getting your hands all dirty just to eat crab.  Vanessa, who boasted a passion for food, was seriously offended, so I quickly added 'For me, Vanessa; it's not worth it for me.'  Hurray for postmodernism and subjective truths, saved me twice this week, probably more times.

After, joined Shawn and Vanessa for clubbing.  Frick, Vanessa also has a massive house.  While waiting for the two of them to get ready, I was looking at the pricy items in her room: Macbook, a Wii with rockband, a mounted flat-screen television, a good bed (sorry, maybe I'm just poor).  When we got to the club, dang, they are a well-connected pair; we just waltzed in, by-passing the enormous cue, got in for free, and went straight to the restricted guest-list table.  But even in this restricted zone, it was ridiculously packed.  Yeah, it was interesting and kinda fun, but definitely not my kind of crowd, and is definitely not the kinda place to talk to a girl.  So yes, I have failed you, faithful readers.  I didn't fail the anonymous commenter however.  It's ok, had no intention of toying with someone's emotions anyway; although I may have deceived you into thinking I was super good looking with the ability to woo girls who can speak English (darn you Cantonese, darn you), the illusion must now be extinguished.  This requires both a =) and a =(.  Maybe in the future, I will be able to slay a few dragons then get the fair maiden, who hopefully is kung-fu-punching her way out of the castle so we meet halfway, share stories of our travels (Chi would be proud), then discover true love.  And that will be the end of that chapter...hopefully the anonymous commenter will also approve!  

Also, based on the amount of smoke I have inhaled, I would not be surprised if I get lung cancer.  Sadness ensues.  Darn you smoking, and your insidious means to kill not only the smoker, but everyone else who dares cross their path.

Okay, best be off.  I've learnt my lesson, I won't say there will not be another post.

Dang it, should've really taken that burgersaurus...

Seeya on the other side!

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment